Imagine you are attending a 3-day offsite training. You have only been in the meeting for a few hours. In that time, your mind has started wandering. You are thinking about how uncomfortable the chairs are, the room is freezing and you can’t get warm, and now you are getting a headache from the florescent lights. You aren’t as engaged as you should be and you are more concerned with being uncomfortable than staying focused on the content of the meeting.
Now imagine you are the training director. You spent months planning the content for this meeting. You expect the attendees to be productive, stay engaged and retain the information that is being delivered. However, the training environment wasn’t taken into consideration. The meeting details weren’t carefully planned out to make sure that your training would be a success.
When planning trainings, it is equally important to consider the content as well as the learning environment. You want to ensure the message being conveyed will be remembered and that you will receive an ROI. You want your attendees to be focused on the content of your meeting. How can you make sure you have a distraction-free learning environment? Here are a few tips to enhance your learning experience:
- Ergonomic chairs keep your attendees comfortable and focused on the content of the meeting. With ergonomic chairs, attendees can adjust the height and back support based on their personal preference, keeping them comfortable for extended periods of time.
- Temperature directly affects productivity. It is important that you can control the temperature of your meeting room. The ideal temperature for most people is between 72 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit based on activity and demographics.
- If you are looking to increase your information retention, find a meeting room that has natural light. A study at Cornell showed that exposure to natural light produced an 84 percent drop in issues such as headaches, eyestrain, and blurred vision. Natural light can also keep attendees happier, boosts productivity and helps them stay focused.
- If you are looking to improve focus and concentration, make sure you offer foods and beverages that will increase memory, mood and mental clarity such as blueberries, avocados, leafy greens and vegetables, nuts, green tea and water.
So many details go into planning trainings and meetings. That’s where we come in! At CSN, we combine our knowledge of the training and learning & development industries with our experience in meeting planning, meeting venues and contract negotiations to help you save time, money and increase your training ROI. We have hundreds of venue partners globally that have already taken these details into consideration to provide you with an ideal learning environment. Let us CONNECT you to these partners so that you can focus on the content of your meeting. For more information about our services or to discuss your upcoming training schedule, please visit www.csnconnects.com.
* These fields are required.